With the incorporation of technological advances in the field of education, more and more institutions and educators are utilizing LMS technology for Hi-Tech virtual classrooms and training platforms to deliver ample knowledge to learners across the globe. An optimistic boost has also been noticed in the growth of virtual microlearning platforms but with so many options, selecting the fairest prospect becomes quite tough at times.
For choosing the finest platform for organizing an effective and engaging virtual classroom, educators and administrators must devise a strategic plan that answers ponderable questions such as ‘Which virtual platform will facilitate me to deliver the knowledge most effectively and interactively?’ or ‘Which virtual software can evaluate the knowledge retention by managing assessments, quizzes, and grading?’. In addition, there are so many other substantial aspects that create an engaging virtual learning environment.
To assist you in your approach of choosing the best microlearning tools/software for your virtual classroom, we have highlighted 10 virtual classroom platforms with their best features.
A virtual classroom platform that’s a marvelous preference for any enterprise looking for an all-encompassing medium to provide top-notch onboarding, learning, and training to your teams regardless of device, location, or Internet connection. With core products such as Creator Tool, Editable Course Library, Admin Portal, and Learner Portal, EdApp’s Virtual Platform has the following notable features:
- Course Creation Services
- Template Library with 80+ templates
- Reporting and Analytics for easy access to engagement and performance insights
- Leaderboards to create a healthy competitive environment
- Real Rewards with In-Built virtual currency
- In-person Attendance
- Video Conferencing in collaboration with leading video conferencing forums.
If you’re looking for a flexible, high-quality Learning Management System, Edvance360 can be your best option as well. This software provides leading Learning Management Systems for corporate, higher education, and K-12 clients. Moreover, it authorizes its learners to take ownership of their education by letting them create their own personal learning domains. Following are its noteworthy features:
- Easy-to-use interface
- A comprehensive suite of online learning and professional developmental tools
- Award certificates and badges
- Modular courses
Another virtual classroom platform is NewRow with its professional tools that permit real-time audio and video collaboration in high quality. Enterprises and higher educational institutions across the world use it due to its engaging and easy to use features which include:
- Digital Whiteboard
- Cloud Recording
- Screen Sharing
- Breakout Rooms
- YouTube Integration
- Live Quizzes
With a slogan “Built by teachers, for teachers”, BigBlueButton takes pride in being the global virtual classroom built from the ground up, just for teachers. It is an HTML-5 based web application that runs completely on the web browser. With the availability in over 65 languages, BigBlueButton has significant features which include:
- Convenient document upload supporting PDF, texts, and images
- Whiteboard annotation of slides
- Low, medium, and high-resolution video options
- Rapid group polling
- Multi-user whiteboard
- Screen and video sharing
BrainCert: Education Simplified has all the tools and expertise that one must need in virtual classroom platforms for true collaborative learning. It is an all-in-one, mobile-friendly platform built especially for corporate training. Their Learning Management System offers comprehensive toolkits for online teaching that doesn’t require installing any application. Some of its out-of-the-box features are:
- Enlarged video conference to allow face-to-face collaboration in real-time
- Interactive 16:9 whiteboard canvas
- Document reader and annotation tools
- Cloud Media Player completely in control of the attendees
- RTL support for global languages written in the Right-To-Left direction
- Easy access from any device using a supporting browser
A scalable and multi-purpose platform that allows better ways to develop, centralize and distribute online learning and track performance. It attends to two types of users. Internal users can use this platform to deliver virtual training to their company. On the other hand, this platform can deliver great assistance to external users as well by allowing them to create profitable and scalable online learning businesses. Some of its key aspects are:
- Feature-rich Learning Management System
- Ease of use for administrators and users
- Access and track the results of a training program
- Intuitive interface and fast implementation
- Simple user-centric tools and robust reporting
- Creation of online assessments for classroom-led courses and online learning programs.
7. Google Classroom
Google Classroom has incorporated all the basic virtual classroom tools to create an ideal learning ecosystem. This platform authorizes collaborations with its Google Drive, Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar along with live editing options for teams. Apart from teachers and students, the guardians also can access email summaries and review activities. Google Classroom allows:
- Chats and Video conferencing with up to 10,000 participants.
- Create and manage multiple classes, assignments and grades at the same time
- Announcements via class stream
- Invite parents and guardians to review their child’s activities
Another name which comes to mind when discussing Virtual Classrooms, is ProProfs. With the assistance of their top features and hundreds of editable courses, one can create online classrooms that enable collaboration, learning, and discussion. Furthermore, they permit you to construct your own tools and courses along with branding and selling them on their E-commerce platform. ProProfs user-friendly Course Builder allows:
- Easy customization of courses with their professional templates and tools.
- Creation of knowledgeable bases and training manuals
- Quizzes and survey integration
- Brain games to boost cognitive skills
- Import of SCORM-compliant courses
Vedamo is an another interactive virtual classroom platform comprised of tools for classroom management and lesson preparation. Because it was purpose-built for education, it closely replicates a traditional classroom and does not demand the installation of additional software as it is integrated with various educational platforms. A rich set of following features can be used to make the learning experience an engaging one.
- Online Whiteboard
- Video Conferencing
- Screen Sharing
- Breakout Rooms
- Media Player
It is a game-based learning platform developed to permit the deliverance of learnings in a more fun way. Kahoot! promises to facilitate distance learning and training deliverance. It allows you to create a game quiz on any subject and in any language within minutes, which can further be accessed by the learners on any device. Other significant features are:
- Slides with classic layouts
- Pre-designed templates that can be duplicated and customized
- Question bank with millions of questions
- Inserting YouTube videos into questions
- Combining multiple Kahoots
Taking everything into account, virtual classroom platforms are a great aid when it comes to microlearning and delivering knowledge efficiently and interactively in prompt group settings; all thanks to the multiple professional tools and features these platforms offer.
However, on the other side of the coin, the data on these platforms is not traceable as the records are not retained in a centralized system. For easy tracking of learning records as well accessibility and supervision of individual learner’s academic profiles, an institution must opt for an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software which has the ability to track and sustain records of different elements of an educational organization such as fee management, attendance tracking, day-to-day academic scheduling.
When it comes to an efficient academic ERP, eDU-SMARTZ is your cherry-pick because it has the expert features that can furnish an ideal Learning Management System. For more information about eDU-SMARTZ, visit our website.